Monday, November 2, 2009

We had an amazing SUNDAY!

Since Kloee is finished with nursing I was able for the first time since I was pregnant to be able to fast and it was amazing the difference it made in my sabbath day. I felt so much closer to the spirit and I got a lot more out of the lessons. I was on the verge of tears throughout all three meetings. There were so many testimonies that were very touching that really set the mood and then a sister in our ward taught the Sunday school lesson on being self-reliant. You can tell she really loves the gospel and she had a very well put together lesson that kept us entertained and (and least for me) the spirit was there to teach us what we needed to hear. Im excited for future lessons by her. The relief society lesson was the presidency choice and it was on family relations, after this week I know that they were inspired when they chose this lesson, it was exactly what I needed to hear write now. She talked about how we need to not only show our love for our families but we need to tell them as well and that it is important that they never doubt our love for them. This has been hard for me to do but it is a goal Im going to be working at. She also talked about staying in touch with both your immediate family and extended family (another thing Im terrible about). Anyways, after this lesson I just thought I would get on here for those of my family that read this and tell you all how much I look up to all of you. Each one of you has qualities I hope to someday have myself and I LOVE YOU ALL!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing Tessa. I agree yesterday was sure a great Sunday!

Melissa said...

I didn't know you had a blog and Natalie told me to check it out.
What you said was very nice.
I appreciate it.
I'm glad you had a great Sunday.
I thought Sarah's lesson was great as well.
Still didn't catch much of the sacrament though, I need to work on keeping my kids still.

Vrska's said...

I miss you so much and am so glad you are doing so good!! Your family pictures turned out awesome and you have one adorable family!! Love yah tons!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Awwww... I am so glad you could be at my lesson!! I appreciate your comments as well. Don't worry, I am horrible at the whole staying in touch and telling your family you love them too... but nobody is perfect, right?

The Christensen Family said...

What a lovely post Tessa. Thank you for sharing your feels. Sometimes I would get confussed if it was hormones from not nursing anymore or the spirit. I know the difference, sometimes it was just hard.