Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kloee Belle Allen

Kloee was born at 1:41 AM on the 22nd of April, one day before her due date. She weighed in at 8# 4oz, 20 3/4 in. long, her head was 13 1/2 in., and her chest was 14 1/4 in. She is very healthy and passed all of her tests with no problems.

It was quite the ordeal to get Kloee out. We started Tessa on the epidural about 9:00ish, which we BOTH were greatful for since Kloee didn't arrive for another 18 hours or so. They started her on the patosum right away since her contractions were not coming as fast as needed. At around 4:30 she was fully dialated and after 2 hours, they let her rest before continuing another 2 hours of pushing. The baby stopped making progress and unfortunately the next option was a C Section but the surgery wasn't going to be for a while. The anesthesiologist, who was already off for the day, had been needed for a surgery that was going to take about 2 to 3 hours. Because of the situation, that surgery couldn't wait. SO, at about 1:30 this morning, we went up for the surgery. When they were pulling the baby out, one doctor meantioned the size of the baby while another meantioned the size of the head. No wonder she didn't want to come out before. The surgery went well and Tessa is starting her process of recovery.

Here she is getting her first bath

Here she is expressing her opinion of her first bath.

She is all clean and putting on her first shirt.

I missed the glare she had on her face by the click of the camera button. Her eyes were slightly open to let us know she was grumpy at us. Poor baby.

And her she is later on this morning with her eyes open.

26 comments:

Mommy Crafts said...

Congrats!! She is so cute...Hope to see her soon!

Jesse and Michelle said...

She is adorable! Hope you guys get some rest. Enjoy every minute you have with her!

Dustin said...

I'm so glad that the ice cream helped Tessa go into labor! LOL. Congrats and she is beautiful. I can't wait for Cody to come.

Melissa said...

Kloee is beautiful! We are so happy for you! Wish we were closer so we could see her in person. Congratulations to the new Mom and Dad!

Jason said...

Congradulations! We are so happy for you. So much for sleep at nights. Welcome to parenthood!

Jay and Camille said...

She is precious! Congratulations!

Kory, Abby, Angela, & Elliott said...

We are so excited for you! I couldn't sleep last night for worrying. I'm glad everything turned out fine in the end. You're a tough cookie Tease! Kloee is beautiful!

Kendall said...

So cute. She's definitely a keeper! I hope you guys are getting rest. I found the hospital to not be a very restful place. Congratulations.

Sharee said...

She is so adorable! I love her chubby cheeks! Sounds like you will have a bit of a recovery Tessa-hope you are able to get some rest. Congrats!!

Hilarie* said...

Wow what a beautiful little girl! We are all so happy to finally see some pictures of that cute little bundle. She sure looks like her mother! She also looks like a good sized baby.. making that c/s a good decision. Hope Tessa is doing well. Pass on our love. Remember... you have help with the baby, a moving bed and unlimited pain meds... stay as long as you need/can!!! Because its harder at home getting in/out bed, and on/off the couch with your stomach!!!

Garrett, Tashina, Breck, and Addilicious!! said...

Yay!! Congratulations guys!!!

BrittanyLane said...

Such an ordeal! Thank goodness for modern medicine. I'm so glad that both of you are healthy and all is well. She is GORGEOUS!!! I'm so excited for you. Mason and Ellorie are thrilled and can't wait to see her. Congratulations!

Missy! said...

So sweet!! Congratulations!

Brittany said...

I am so happy to hear that everything went well and that Kloee is here safe and that Tessa is doing well. I know all about recovery from a c-section, so Darren help Tessa out with everything, she'll be pretty sore for awhile. Congrats to both of you.

Gosfam said...

Congrats!! We will have to come and see her soon.

Courtney said...

She is so cute! Good work!

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

Oh Tessa!! I'm so glad it is over and you have your sweet little angel here where she belongs! She is SO SWEET! It doesn't hurt that she looks just like her mamma...she's really beautiful! Congratulations to you both! Love, Heather

The Graham Family! said...

CONGRATS!! She is beautiful! I know what it's like to go thru such long, painful labor and end up with a c-section. Not fun at all! Keep up on your pain meds.. take them right on time.. it's the best way to stay on top of the pain!! Hope you recover fast and that you're doing well. I'm still recovering from my c-section too.. so we're in the same boat! Take care and I agree with the comment before.. stay in the hospital as long as you can.. you have much more help there and a hospital bed that moves up and down to help you get up!!

Vrska's said...

Congratulations!! So is totally adorable. What a cute name- LOVE it!

The Christensen Family said...

She is absolutly beautiful! I am glad that all is well. Now the enjoyment comes to love and kiss that little buddle of joy her whole life. Way to go guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's quite a birth story for little Kloee and Tessa. She is beautiful. Congratulations.

The Stevens: said...

She is so dang cute, so glad we got to see and hold her. We love you guys, and are so excited to have another girl in the family! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Congrats guys.
Now the fun begins.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Congratulations!! She is so adorable! I love that last picture with her eyes open. What a doll! I can't wait to hold her... I just love all that hair too. I am glad that Tessa is on the mend.

Stephanie C. said...

Congrats you two! She is so beautiful. On to a new stage in life!

Ashley & Bailey Dishman said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! She is a doll! We had similar deliveries it sounds like.
I hope you are feeling good and enjoy every minute with her. They change so fast.