Monday, April 5, 2010

Days Like Today....

It is SNOWING/raining out, so Kloee and I are huddled here trying to keep warm and as I look around the house I can see a list forming in my mind of all the things that NEED to get done around the house. Yet for the past couple days I have not managed to get motivated enough to do any of them. After General Conference this weekend I know they didn't give ALL those talks on motherhood and teaching for everyone except me and that I know I need to find some NEW motivation on how to keep moving even when it's gloomy outside and I just want to be lazy all day. Can anyone help? How do YOU stay motivated to get everything done that needs to get done that day. Being a new mom I still have not figured out how to be a "stay at home mom" so any and all suggestions are VERY welcome right now. I hope you all had a GREAT Easter!

6 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

I hear you! Wish I could help you out there! I usually just have to start a list and go, but then some days that does not work at all, esp. if I were pregnant! The thing that helps me most is just taking it one at a time and not being too hard on myself when I don't get the things done that I want to. Good Luck! If you need to drop you little girl off you are more than welcome so you can have a break. Kaitlynn would love a playmate!

Missy! said...

What I have found to work best for me is to have a rough weekly schedule that I use. For example, on Mondays we go shopping, Tuesday's it's story time at the library (which Kloee is old enough for - it's at 1030).

And sometimes I have to schedule days for projects around the house, too. Especially the ones I hate. And on days like today when the weather is bad, we enjoy the soft playground inside Eastside Marketplace (as long as you go before the elementary school gets out) - it's usually pretty quiet in the morning, esp if you get there b4 10.

I have been having a hard time filling my days the past few weeks because I am so sick of waiting for this baby and hurt so much I don't want to do anything.

The Stevens: said...

Love the new font... how did you do that?:)

Robbi Williamson said...

Oh girl, I am with you and have been wondering the same thing. I can't seem to get all the things done on my list either,I keep telling myself to do spring cleaning, but nothing ever happens. I just want to play with Jimmi. When you find the secret let me know!!! I am so excited you're prego!!

Unknown said...

hey! im not a mom or anything so i probably don't have too much good advice, but ill throw it out there anyways. I try and make a list at the beginning of the week of all I want to do during that week. I dont plan it day by day, just a general list of the week. And I find that I can get a little done each day and its not too overwhelming. :) LOVE YOU!! -Kira

Melissa said...

Hmmmmmmmmm great question Tessa, and it's good you're asking it now when you just have the one child.
It took me THREE to figure out a great routine that keeps cooked meals on the table and the house tidy the majority of the day.
I was SO NOT motivated tod o house work man.
WHAT A WASTE OF MY LIFE.
Plus............it's a mess THE VERY NEXT DAY.
It sucks.
BUT someone's gotta do it right? Or it'll just get worse and worse.
I'm just constantly on my feet.
A plan is good.
I put on the fridge the list of things I'll clean everyday.
Mon bathroom Tues, mop floors, Wed vacume and
well you get the drill. It really helped me out a ton and gave me a sense of satisfaction.
I don't do lists now because my house needs tidied EVERY DAY LOL
So it's changed a little.
You need to also do it BEFORE you do something you like, and have the thing you like as the reward for the thing you hate.........housework LOL
If you want come and hang out and we can have a chat about it.
I think you're awesome.