Monday, August 23, 2010

My newest toy...

For my birthday my mom got me this REALLY nice food dehydrator. I've been wanting to try it out, my mom and I tried out some beef jerky which turned out great and a couple days ago I tried to make some Strawberry fruit leather.....

It tastes great but is very brittle I guess I'm going to have to try it again to perfect it.

3 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Ooh! I love fruit leather! Sounds like something worth perfecting! Oh and I just noticed you have 22 days! What!? That baby is going to be here already!

Kierstin said...

I am soooo jealous! I want a food dehydrator so bad! Store-bought dried apricots and bananas are just gross compared to what I grew up on. I'm dying to dry my own someday! Do you know what it cost by chance?

BrittanyLane said...

Yay! Dehydrators are so much fun. I need to remember to use mine more often. Try adding a little honey to your fruit leather to make them softer.

Love your header pic of Kloee btw. :)